Buying on Amazon is an easy process, but sometimes it has a few bumps along the road, including errors with your payment method. Luckily, most of them have solutions. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change payment method after you make a purchase on Amazon.
How to change payment methods on Amazon after purchase?
Outdated Amazon payment methods prevent the payment from being processed. So, you should pay attention and update your payment methods so as not to affect your purchase.
In some cases you will receive a notification when Amazon announces the purchase has been unsuccessful or the payment account is declined. It could be that you don't have enough balance, make a mistake when entering card details or exceed the daily limit. In this case, you'll need to update your payment method again to continue your purchase and payment.
According to Amazon, if you want to update or edit any details in your payment method, you can do it by following these steps below.
Go to your orders:
- Select your order and click on “Retry Payment Method”
- Change the payment method that you want and select Continue.
- In other cases, you have a reason to change payment method information and you can do it easily, as long as your purchase hasn’t entered the shipping process. To change payment method in this case, here is you do it:
- Find your Order Details link to make the modifications.
- Click “Change” to edit on Amazon purchase, including shipping dress and payment method.
- Finally, change the information by following the instructions.
How can you remove payment methods on Amazon after purchase?
There are many buyers who want to remove their payment method for active orders. The only way you could do this would be to cancel your order, delete the payment method and re-order.
If you want to manager your payment methods whenever you want, you have to do:
- Go to your account and select “Your payments”.
- Choose payment methods what you want to do, you can add payment methods, remove or edit any other details.
- How can you delete bank account information on Amazon?
- To delete bank account information, you can follow these steps below:
- Go to your Amazon payments account
- Select Manage My Account Settings.
- In this section, choose Manager my bank accounts.
- Click the bank account that you want to delete and select the Delete button.
- Then click the Delete button to confirm your deletion on the following page.
- The bank account will be removed from your payment methods.
What are the accepted payment methods for Amazon?
Amazon is one of the global retailers which accepts various and flexible payment methods. Therefore, customers can choose to split the payment between a credit or debit card. Normally, a gift card is an accepted payment method.
Amazon Pay is an accepted payment method too. This is a service provided by Amazon accounts that are associated with their Amazon account to make purchases and donation on third-party retailers.
Here are accepted payment options for Amazon customers:
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon Credit Builder
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Pay
- Mastercard / EuroCard
- American express
- Discover Network
- Diner’s Club (US billing addresses only)
- EBT Snap
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Gift cards or prepaid cards Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
How to change payment methods on Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service from Amazon. It allows members access to exclusive shopping, discounts and entertainment services. As an Amazon Prime member, you can pay for a full year or monthly. If you want to change payment method Amazon Prime, you just have to sign in to your account setting and change it. If you would rather just pay for a full year upfront than monthly, this will allow you to change the payment method.
How do I change my order shipping address on Amazon?
After making an order, you can change your shipping address at any time, on purchases that haven’t entered the shipping process.
- To change your order information:
- Go to your Orders:
- Click Order Details link for the order you want to change
- To update orders shipped by Amazon, click Change next to the details shipping address.If your order is being shipped by Amazon shipping service, you should call Amazon Logistics and change your order information. This process is between when you place the order and when it’s shipped.
Important: If your orders have entered the shipping process, you can try to contact a third-party seller to update the shipping address. If the seller item has shipping, you need to request a cancellation and order again.
To sum up, if you want to change your payment methods on Amazon or Amazon Prime after purchase you can. You just need to remember that you cannot do it after your purchase has already entered the shipping process.