If you’re choosing and considering going tankless, an electric hot water heater, your first decision will be to choose between a gas or electric model. While high-end gas models may be more powerful than electric ones, they are also considerably more expensive and challenging to install, so you will decide on the best electric hot water heater in this article.
Types of hot water heating systems
You are finding and researching these types of hot water heaters, you should read and know these main types: conventional, heat pump, tankless, condensing, and solar water heater.
Some pros types of water heaters:
- Conventional Water Heater.
- Heat Pump Water Heater.
- Tankless Water Heater.
- Condensing Water Heater.
- Solar Water Heater.
Pros Conventional Water Heater
Low cost and purchase price: Conventional water heaters are a low-cost solution. You can always buy a new one at a lower price and put it in place of your existing water heater to once again resume normal functionality.
Suitable for all weather conditions: So easy to install and no matter where in the world you live, you can rest assured knowing that a Conventional Water Heater will function to perfection. Another water heater needs a special function and requires specific conditions for optimal performance.
- Easy to Replace.
- High Flow Rate.
- No Complications.
Pros Heat Pump Water Heater
- Saving money: A heat pump can save up to 60% more energy than conventional heaters. Because since they can draw from the heat in the air, these water heaters do not have to work to generate new heat.
- Less maintenance.
- Long-term efficiency use: For those in the market for a water heater that is both energy-efficient and cost-efficient, heat pump water heaters show great promise. Heat pump water heaters are the most efficient alternatives to oil, fuel, and electric water heating systems.
Pros Tankless Water Heater
- Lower monthly costs: Suiting up your home with a tankless water heater effectively lowers your month-to-month costs Especially if you live in an area where energy costs are high, a tankless water heater will pay for itself in just a few years.
- Space-saving: Most of the benefits of a tankless water heater are compact size. This also makes it easy to mount on walls or store in compact crannies and nooks.
Pros Condensing Water Heater
- More hot water.
- Better for the environment: Condensing water heaters allow you to cut energy costs up to 30% provided you suit your home.
- Cheaper maintenance, operation & save energy: Condensing water heaters can significantly reduce your natural gas bill. Not only do you have continuous hot water in your faucets, you use less energy to maintain the set temperature.
Pros Solar Water Heater
- Uses renewable energy from the sun: Solar water heaters are the most energy-efficient water heater options available today. They are saving money every month.
- Cheap installation: You will spend a lot less to install a solar panel in comparison to a PV panel.
What do you need to know and consider when choosing the Best electric hot Water Heater?
1. Consider Water Heater Type
One of the major factors that should come into your mind is the type of water heater that we tell above you already reading and researching which type you are buying.
So you must know these types of water heaters
2. Consider the water heater about size and Capacity
One thing after buying a water heater you should Consider the size and Capacity your water heater uses. To choose the proper size for an on-demand water heater, you need to know the number of appliances and taps that can use hot water simultaneously.
Here are some recommendations in terms of water heater capacity:
- From 1 to 3 people need 120 to 150 liters
- From 3 to 5 people need 180 and 210 liters
- From 5 to 10 people need 300 or more liters
For example, 1 minute of a shower is equal to 10 to 12 liters, a single dishwasher program uses approximately 10 liters, and a load of laundry each family needs 60-70 liters per single wash.
3. Consider water heater fuel costs, efficiency, and sources
When choosing a water heater and buying a machine, you will need to consider fuel costs and the different fuel sources available to heat your H20.
Another essential thing to consider is the price of fuel that runs your appliance. You might discover that in the long run, some are more economical than others. That aside, think about the installation costs or any additional building work at your place to fit a water heater.
4. Water Heater Warranties
However, when you already own a machine water heater, you need to know about Warranties and register your system’s serial number to be covered by the warranty.
Most brands of residential water heaters have five (5) to six (6) year parts warranty. This will vary with different models and manufacturers.
Top 5 best electric hot water heaters about quality and suitable bills
- EcoSmart ECO 36.
- Stiebel Eltron - Tempra 24 Plus (24 kW).
- Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13.
- EcoSmart ECO 11.
- Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Outdoor Portable Propane
Best Tankless Electric hot Water Heater: EcoSmart ECO 36
EcoSmart ECO 36 is a 36-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for apartments, condominiums, townhomes, and other whole-home applications. It can provide between 3.6 and 8.7 gallons per minute depending on the inlet water temperature.
- Save money and reduce your energy costs by as much as 50 percent.
- The self-modulating unit that doesn’t overdraw power.
- Adjustable controls to a single degree.
- Slight flow delays as expected of the machine.
- Gallons per minute can fluctuate depending on location and external water temperatures.
- Installation might require bells and whistles.
Stiebel Eltron - Tempra 24 Plus (24 kW)
In Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00M05IUE6
In United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M05IUE6
Best Tankless Electric Hot Water Heater: Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus (24 kW)
Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus with 24 kW used. This machine replaces your electric storage tank water heater. Its electric whole-house tankless water heater is compact and powerful and can install virtually anywhere inside the home
- Reduced electricity costs.
- Include endless hot water.
- Extension substantial space savings.
- Designed to replace a 60-gallon electric tank. This product is built to last. It has solid copper heat exchangers and brass fittings.
- The Tempra 29 Plus is not a 3.7 GPM unit based on 52* F tap water
- Need to upgrade your electrical system if your home is older or cannot handle the electrical demand. This could be very expensive and, in most cases, simply not cost-effective.
- The price is higher than most electric tankless water heaters, but quality and cutting-edge technology come at a price.
EcoSmart ECO 36
In Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GYZS4RJ
In United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GYZS4RJ
Best Tankless Electric Hot Water Heater: Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13
The Rheem 240V RTEX 13 deservedly ranks among the very best tankless water heaters, taking up little space wherever it is installed, but powerful enough to supply multiple water sources.
- Easy to use digital thermostatic controls on the exterior.
- The unit has a maximum flow rate of 3.17 GPM.
- You can set the appliance to the exact temperature degree.
- Uses copper immersion heating elements.
- Provides hot water to multiple fixtures.
- Easy to install.
- 13kW model.
- Not suitable for big houses.
- Not suitable for really warm areas.
Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13
In Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01NAUZJPE
In United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAUZJPE
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater: EcoSmart ECO 11 - 13KW at 240 Volts
In warmer climates, ECO 11 can provide continuous hot water at up to 2.6 gallons per minute. EcoSmart ECO 11 is ideal for handwashing in cooler climates and is perfect for multiple places:
- A bathroom.
- Kitchen sink.
- Office breakroom.
- Can save up to 50% in heating costs.
- Space-saving design.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- The elements are easily replaceable.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to use a temperature gauge.
- It May require regular maintenance.
- Limited by its flow rate.
- Cannot provide a very high volume of hot water simultaneously from separate outlets.
EcoSmart ECO 11
In Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001LZRF9M
In United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001LZRF9M
Best Gas Tankless Electric Water Heater: Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Outdoor
Camplux 5L is dedicated to providing you with an easy and efficient outdoor lifestyle. Portability, energy saving, and innovation are the three key elements for Camplux.
- With the most advanced technology in water heating.
- Product tankless water heaters can save you up to 50 percent on water heating costs.
- They are also compact and wall-mounted so you save valuable storage space for a new closet!.
- Water heaters save you money.
Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Outdoor Portable Propane
In Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TWRDB9R
In United Kingdom: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TWRDB9R
Frequently Asked Questions about electric hot water heater
What type of water heater do I have?
If you are having a hard time finding information about your model of water heater, don't forget to contact the brand of product to ask for more detail you already buy and they can probably tell you all about it.
Are electric hot water heaters as effective?
Yes, Electric water heaters are even faster and more effective at heating up water. They are more efficient with energy, and safer to use.
Why do I sometimes run out of hot water?
If you are constantly running out of hot water, this could be because you have the temperature on your hot water heater set too low. You can increase this but do so carefully.